Kofi Dennis leading a room full of early childhood teachers and educators in a call and response experience at the Northern Virginia Association for the Education of Young Children Conference banquet.
Kofi Dennis offers many different programs for a variety of different audiences, including (but not limited to):
- Classroom Residencies
- Drum Circles and Private Drumming Lessons
- Charity Events
- Community Events
- Professional Development Workshops/Family Involvement Workshops
Kofi Dennis’ Original Workshops
-Storytime and Rhyme
Strategies for creating stories, rhyme, and movement for childcare providers, librarians and preschool teachers.
-The Beat Goes On: Young Children Learning Mathematics through Beat, Rhythm, and Melody
Participants will be able to use a variety of songs, rhymes and movement activities to teach math concepts, including counting, patterns, comparisons, sets, sorting, etc.
-Finger Plays are Not Enough: Let’s Get Physical!
-ARTSPLAY! (Bringing Books To Life Through Storytelling, Drama, Music, and Dance)
-Call and Response: It’s More Than You Think
–Anansegromma (click for more information)
Notable Current and Past Venues:
- Baby ARTSPLAY and ARTSPLAY at Fairfax County Libraries
- US Department of Education’s “Let’s Read! Let’s Move!”
- Drumming for Concepts, Faculty at Ideaventions
- Keynote Address at the National Association for Education of the Young Child Conference
- Wolf Trap and Northrop Grumman’s Early STEM Learning Through the Arts
- Fairfax County Library’s Summer Reading Programs
- STEM Residency at Dahlgren Naval Base Elementary School
- Core Knowlege Regional Conferences
- Early Childhood Partnership Spring Conference
- Inner City, Inner Child